Sunday fire hurts one, causes $9,000 in damage

By Anthony Szudarski

One person was harmed in a Sunday night fire on Regent Drive.

At about 9 p.m. Sunday, a kitchen fire broke out in an apartment at 765 Regent Drive. The fire was put out by responders. One occupant received first-degree burns to his or her face, and no one else was harmed.

The fire was ruled to be accidental, caused by cooking materials left unattended. The fire caused about $9,000 in damage, according to a Fire Department release.