Blotter 9/21-9/23

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Sept. 21, 2012

At 4:03 a.m., officers responded to 820 Fotis Drive in regard to a noise complaint. Upon arrival, several people were identified. Jonathan M. Michalik, 21, of Chicago, was placed under arrest and charged with obstructing identification after providing officers with false information. He was sent to the NIU Police Department. Michalik was later sent to the DeKalb County jail.

At 8:56 a.m., an officer was sent to the Psychology-Computer Science Building in regard to a report of theft. Upon arrival, the officer met with the complainant and took a report. This case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 6:17 p.m., an officer was sent to Neptune Hall North in regard to a residential burglary report. Upon arrival, the officer met with the complainant and took a report. This case is open pending further investigation.

At 9:48 p.m., officers were sent to Lincoln Hall in regard to a report of cannabis. Upon arrival, Humberto Pina, 21, of Chicago, was found to unlawfully be in possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Pina was placed under arrest for unlawful possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Pina was sent to the NIU Police Department. He was released after posting cash bond.

Sept. 22, 2012

At 1:13 a.m., an officer was sent to Lincoln Hall in regard to a report of cannabis. Upon arrival, the officer met with several people in possession of cannabis. All of the people were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 1:13 a.m., officers were sent to a Varsity Drive residence in regard to a domestic dispute. Upon arrival, officers met with the complainant and took a report. Further investigation revealed James E. Williams, 19, of Chicago, was involved in a physical altercation with the victim. Williams was arrested and charged with domestic battery. He was sent to the NIU Police Department and later sent to the DeKalb County jail.

At 2:32 a.m., an officers saw a person slumped against a wall at the Campus Recreation Center. The officer met with the person and discovered he or she was under the influence of alcohol and under 21. The person was referred to the Office Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:02 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of alcohol at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 12:16 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 12:53 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:05 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer made contact with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person appeared to be under 21. They were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:12 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of alcohol at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:15 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:26 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:28 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:34 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:38 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the tailgate area of Huskie Stadium. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 3:34 p.m., an officer was sent to the New Residence Hall Community Center for a report of criminal damage to property. Upon arrival, the officer met with the complainant and took a report. This case is open pending further investigation.

At 3:44 p.m., an officer saw a person in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the Yordon Center. The person appeared to be under 21. The officer met with the person and confirmed he or she was under 21. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 4:43 p.m., an officer was sent to the Music building in regard to a theft report. Upon arrival, the officer met with the complainant and took a report. This case is administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

Sept. 23, 2012

At 2:20 a.m., officers responded to a West Lincoln Highway residence in regard to a check of wellbeing. Upon arrival, officers initiated an investigation. The investigation led to Jonathan J. Behrens being arrested for aggravated battery, resisting a police offer and unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. Behrens was sent to the DeKalb County jail.