Blotter 8/30

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

At 1:58 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the east side of the New Residence Hall complex because of a report of cannabis. The officer met with the person in question in a room. The meeting resulted in the person being referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.

At 2:40 p.m., an officer was sent to the NIU Police Department regarding a report of criminal damage to a motorcycle occurring in Lot 15E. The officer took a report. The case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 8:02 p.m., an officer was sent to the Campus Recreation Center regarding a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

At 10:01 p.m., Rushang U. Patel, 20, of Carpentersville, was arrested for possession of cannabis at the west side of the New Residence Hall complex. An officer was sent to the residence hall regarding a report of cannabis. Patel was processed at the NIU police department and released on a $1,500 individual bond.

At 11:27 p.m., officers on patrol at the 1000 block of Greenbrier Road saw a person who appeared to be under the age of 21 and in possession of alcohol. The officer met with the person and referred him to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

At 11:55 p.m., officers on the 1000 block of Hillcrest Drive saw a person who appeared to be under the age of 21 and in possession of alcohol. The officers met with the person and referred him to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol.