Campus blotter for 3/19/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

MARCH 8

At 4:09 p.m., an officer was dispatched to meet with a person at the Emergency Planning and Management Building regarding a report of harassment. This case is pending investigation.

At 11:55 p.m., officers encountered a parked vehicle with several occupants inside. Officers noticed the smell of burnt cannabis coming from the vehicle and discovered one of the occupants, Andrew N. Banach, 20, of Lansing, was in possession of about three grams of cannabis and a pipe used to smoke cannabis. Banach was placed under arrest for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia and was transported tot he NIU police department, where he was released on bond.

MARCH 9

Officers went to Neptune West to serve a warrant to Prince K. Uche, 20. Uche posted $300 on site.

At 9:31 a.m., officers went to 1400 Twombly Road to serve a warrant on Marcus J. Hughes, 23. Hughes posted a $300 bond on site.

At 2 p.m., officers responded to Lot 18 to talk to a parking agent about an incident that had occurred. The agent said that after placing a parking citation on a vehicle, the owner of the vehicle poured the unknown contents from a cup onto the parking agent’s vehicle and entered his vehicle and drove away. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for disorderly conduct.

At 4:44 p.m., officers responded to the Swen Parson building to take a report of a stolen laptop. This case is pending investigation.

At 8:05 p.m., officers were called to Lot D in regards to an argument between two individuals taking place in the area. Officers encountered two people engaged in a struggle on the 800 block of Lucinda Avenue who matched the description of the people they were called about. Chinelo L. Quintey-Knox, 20, of Chicago, was placed under arrest for domestic battery.

MARCH 12

At 8:56 a.m., officers were dispatched to Founders Memorial Library regarding the theft of a computer monitor. This case is closed.

THURSDAY

At 11:21 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the Holmes Student Center regarding a theft report. This case is pending investigation.

FRIDAY

At 12:04 a.m., two people were found on the field at Huskie Stadium without permission. Both people were identified and referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for criminal trespass.

SATURDAY

At 10 p.m., a person in Douglas Hall was found to be unlawfully in possession of alcohol. The person was given a verbal warning.