Campus blotter for 3/28/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Sunday

At 12:57 a.m., an officer on patrol outside of Lincoln Hall observed a person stumbling while walking. The person admitted to consuming alcohol though he was under 21. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 2:15 a.m., an officer in the Douglas Hall Service Drive observed an intoxicated person urinating in front of Douglas Hall. The officers contacted the person and confirmed he had consumed alcohol though he was under 21. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 2:47 a.m., an intoxicated person walked into the street directly in front of a moving police car. The police made contact with person and confirmed she had consumed alcohol though she was under 21. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 2:56 a.m., officers responded to Neptune West Hall in response to a cannabis complaint. They made contact with the resident of a room, which produced cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia.

At 4:20 a.m., an officer responded to Lincoln Hall’s lobby to take a theft report. The officer met with a person who advised someone stole his sunglasses from the lounge area. This case is pending investigation.

At 5:27 a.m., officers responded to a medical assist call in Stevenson C Tower. A person advised he was slapped and required an ambulance. Upon arrival, officers smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from the person, who was under 21. Investigation revealed that a battery against the person was unfounded. The illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor case is pending investigation.

At 3:50 p.m., officers responded to Stevenson B Tower regarding a theft. Upon arrival, they met with a complainant who said someone stole his cellphone and money from his wallet. This case is pending investigation.

At 5:01 p.m., an officer responded to the Campus Recreation Center to take a report of theft. Upon arrival, he met with a person who advised someone stole his wallet while he was in the Rec. Center. This case is pending investigation.