Campus blotter for 2/27/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

2/19

At 2:09 a.m., officers responded to a fire alarm in Douglas Hall. After locating the origin of the alarm, fire fighters advised that several extinguishers were used, which caused the alarm, but there was no sign of a fire. This case is pending investigation.

WEDNESDAY

At 10:47 a.m., officers were dispatched to Grant Towers South for a report of theft. They met with a complainant who said his wallet had been stolen from the Student Recreation Center men’s locker room, and that there had been unauthorized use of his debit card after his wallet was stolen. This case is pending investigation.

At 3:03 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Douglas Hall’s lobby to investigate a report of theft. This case is pending investigation.

THURSDAY

At 12:01 a.m., officers were dispatched to Neptune East on a report of the odor of cannabis emanating from a room. After further investigation, an individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of cannabis and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.

At 10:07 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Founders Memorial Library to speak with an employee about graffiti that as found in the men’s room. This case is pending investigation.

At 11:17 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Neptune North for a complaint of domestic battery. After further investigation, London D. Bibbons, 18, of Park Forest, was arrested for domestic battery and transported to the DeKalb County jail to await bond.

At 5:25 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Grant North’s lobby to take a report of a stolen cell phone. This case is pending investigation.

SATURDAY

At 2:15 a.m., officers on patrol in Lincoln Hall encountered an individual who smelled as if he had consumed a large amount of alcohol. The officers made contact with the individual and determined he was under 21, and had admitted to consuming alcohol. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 2:19 a.m., officers in the lobby of Lincoln Hall encountered two individuals carrying alcohol. It was found that the individual in possession of alcohol was under 21 and the alcohol had been given to him by the second individual, who was over 21. The two were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 5 p.m., an individual came into the police department and reported that an unknown individual had entered her residence without her permission and removed her debit card from her purse. The card was then used to make several unapproved purchases. This case is pending investigation.