Campus blotter for 2/20/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Wednesday

At 3:35 p.m., officers responded to Health Services to speak with a complainant about harassing texts and phone calls. Officers advised the offender to stop calling the complainant.

At 5:59 p.m., officers responded to the NIU parking deck to take a report of burglary from a motor vehicle. This case is pending investigation.

Thursday

At 8:39 a.m., officers were called to lot K to take a report of burglary from a motor vehicle. This case is pending investigation.

At 11:06 p.m., officers responded to the sixth floor of Stevenson North D Tower regarding the smell of burnt cannabis coming from a room. Officers made contact with the occupants of the room and issued verbal warnings for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor and unlawful possession of cannabis.

Friday

At 11:10 p.m., officers responded to the fifth floor of Douglas Hall A Wing for theft of a wallet. This case is pending investigation.

At 2:47 a.m., a subject in Stevenson North was founding to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. The subject was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 10:05 a.m., officers received a report of theft of a lost or mislaid debit/credit card. The victim reported someone had made fraudulent transactions on this card. This case is pending investigation.

At 3:42 p.m., a complainant reported receiving harassing text messages. This case is pending investigation.

At 6:42 p.m., a burglary from a motor vehicle in lot K was reported. Several items were taken from the unlocked, parked vehicle. This case is pending investigation.

At 9:46 p.m., a subject in Neptune West was founded to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and alcohol. The subject was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug equipment and illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.

Saturday

At 3:11 a.m., several subjects in Grant North were found to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. They were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.