Campus blotter for 1/17/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at  finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Jan. 12

At 1:48 p.m., an officer responded to a burglary report by a Northern View Apartments resident who stated someone broke into their room over winter break and stole their camera. The case is pending investigation.

Jan. 13

At 10:57 p.m., an officer on patrol detected the odor of alcohol from a Douglas Hall room. After finding bottles of alcohol in the room after making contact with the residents, they admitted to consuming alcohol and being under 21. They were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

Jan. 14

At 2:19 a.m., an officer checked on Jaari J. Williams, 19, of Batavia, who fell off his bike at 600 Normal Rd. Williams was arrested for theft after he told the officer the bike was not his and had been found in a yard. He was transported to DeKalb County Jail to await bond.

At 10:15 p.m., an officer received information regarding a Douglas Hall room smelling of burnt cannabis. After searching the room, the officer found a glass smoking pipe with burnt cannabis residue. The resident of the room was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.

Jan. 15

At 3:27 a.m., officers on patrol inspected Joseph M. Dahlke, 20, of Burbank and another person after seeing them hit each other in a McDonald’s parking lot. After approaching them, the officers smelled odor consistent with cannabis and alcohol. Dahlke was arrested and charged for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor, possession of cannabis and possession of drug equipment. Dahlke and the other person were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for drug-related charges.