Campus blotter for 2/1/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

At 10:31 a.m., an individual came into the police department to report that his computer had been stolen, possibly from his dorm room over winter break. This case is administratively closed.

Sunday

At 11:27 p.m., officers on patrol of Grant Towers South came across an individual holding a bottle of alcohol. It was determined the individual was under 21. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 12:32 a.m., officers encountered an individual who smelled like cannabis in Lincoln Hall. It was determined the individual was in possession of cannabis, which was willingly given to the officer. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.

At 1:06 a.m., officers were called to the bathroom on the first floor of Douglas Hall in regards to an individual who needed medical attention. Officers observed the suspect on the bathroom floor and medics were called to the scene. It was determined the individual, who was under 21, had consumed alcohol. The individual was transported to Kishwaukee Community Hospital and was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for underage consumption of alcohol.

At 3:13 a.m., officers were called to Douglas Hall in regards to a report of an intoxicated individual. It was determined the subject was under 21. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol.

At 1:14 p.m., officers were dispatched to Douglas Hall for a report of theft of lost/mislaid property. This case is pending further investigation.

At 11:38 p.m., an officer responded to Lincoln Hall for a report of a theft. This case is open pending investigation.

At 11:49 p.m., officers responded to a disturbance on the first floor of Grant Hall. Upon arrival, officers located two individuals who were reported to be involved in an altercation. After conducting an investigation, Keisha R. Wilson, 19, of Crete, was arrested for domestic battery and transported to DeKalb County jail.

At 12:22 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Stevenson Towers North to meet with an individual regarding a missing Xbox. The officer took a report and this case is pending investigation.

At 3:41 p.m., an officer responded to Neptune West for a report of an individual making threats to housing staff. Upon arrival, the officer met with a complainant who identified the offender. The officer made contact with the offender, who was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for disorderly conduct.