Campus blotter for 11/09/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Sunday

• At 1:44 a.m. an officer observed a vehicle with multiple occupants parked in the Lincoln Hall emergency fire lane. The officer contacted the driver who was then referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of alcohol by minor.
  • At 1:22 a.m. officers responded to a fight call on the fifth floor of Douglas Hall. After arriving on scene, officers located two women who said they were sisters and had been involved in a physical altercation. After speaking with all parties involved and several witnesses, officers arrested Simone Camarena, 23, of Chicago, for domestic battery. She was later transported to DeKalb County Jail.
  • At 2:43 a.m., an officer in the Douglas Hall Lobby observed a student stumbling through the front doors. The officer contacted the person which revealed a strong odor of an alcohol emanating from his breath. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 11:10 p.m. an officer responded to a call of a possible drug deal. Upon arrival, they met with a person who had purchased drugs and had drugs in his possession. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 11:55 p.m., an officer in Lincoln Hall responded to the second floor of A Wing regarding a disturbance. Upon arrival, he met with an intoxicated man who was causing the disturbance. Erick A. Schmidt, 18, of Schaumburg, was arrested and charged with unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.