Campus blotter for 11/15/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Friday

• At 12:40 a.m., an officer conducting a floor check of the eleventh floor of Stevenson B Tower smelled cannabis coming from a room. The officer made contact with the resident of the room and determined the resident was in possession of a small amount of cannabis. The resident was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 1:41 a.m., an officer conducting a floor check of Stevenson B Tower sixth floor heard the sound of what appeared to be beer pong being played inside a room. The officer made contact with the students in the room and determined the four students were minors in possession of alcohol. All four were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 1:45 a.m., an officer conducting a building check of the eighth floor of Stevenson North C Tower heard loud noises coming from a room. The officer made contact with the student of the room. Six students admitted to consuming alcohol as minors and all were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 10:17 a.m., an officer met with a student in the lobby of the NIU Police Department. The individual indicated that there was fraudulent activity on her credit card account. This case is pending investigation.

• At 12:30 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Neptune East for a report of a loud verbal altercation between a man and woman coming from a room on the fourth floor. The officer made contact with one of the students of the room and initiated an investigation into the incident. This case is pending investigation.

• At 7 p.m., an officer responded to the bathroom on the fourth Floor of Neptune East for a battery report. This case is pending investigation.

• At 9:09 p.m., an officer conducting a building check Stevenson North D Tower sixth floor heard what sounded like a game of beer pong coming from a room. The officer made contact with seven students in the room and determined that all were minors who consumed alcohol. Six students were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor and one student was referred for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

Saturday

• At 12:14 a.m., an officer conducting a building check of Lincoln Hall B Tower detected the odor of cannabis near a room. The officer made contact with the resident of the room who was in possession of cannabis. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 12:58 a.m., an officer conducting a lot check of NIU Lot 38 observed an unoccupied vehicle parked in the lot with the passenger rear door open. Upon investigation, the officer observed the odor of cannabis and a cigar filled with a green leafy substance, later determined to be cannabis. The officer made contact with the vehicle owner who was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.