Campus blotter for 10/17/11

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Wednesday

At 12:40 p.m., officers responded to a call for disorderly conduct at the Psychology and Computer Science Building. Upon arrival, they met with a student, who said another student became agitated and cursed at the instructor and turned over some garbage cans. After speaking with the student and instructor, the matter was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

Thursday

At 4:10 a.m., officers conducting an exterior check of the Yordon Center observed vandalism on the southeast corner of the building. This case is administratively closed pending new leads.

At 10:51 a.m., officers responded to NIU Lot S regarding criminal damage to property. This case is pending investigation.

At 11:13 p.m., an officer conducting an exterior check of the Grant Towers South smelled burnt cannabis coming from a group of three people at the southwest side of Tower B. The officer contacted the group, and referred one student to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

At 11:15 p.m., an officer responded to the fourth floor of Lincoln Hall D Wing regarding cannabis control. Upon arrival, he met with the resident of the suspected room and referred one person to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.

At 11:45 p.m., an officer responded to Grant North C Tower eighth Floor regarding a liquor control act and other trouble. The officer contacted the students of the suspected room and referred one person to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug equipment.