Campus Blotter 10/26/11

By Northern Star Staff

Sunday

• At 5:00 p.m., an officer responded to NIU Lot P for a car burglary. Upon arrival, he met with the student. who said someone stole her iPod car stereo converter cassette cable. Due to no leads, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 6:17 p.m., a student reported his Xbox 360 gaming system was taken from his room in Stevenson on Friday between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 11:13 p.m., officers on patrol observed a vehicle driving with its headlights off. As they conducted a traffic stop, the vehicle’s driver and passenger switched seats. Officers arrested the original driver, Marland J. Moore, 19, of Chicago, for providing a false name. This case is cleared by arrest.

Monday

• At 12:40 a.m., an officer responded to the Lobby of Grant Towers South for a theft report. Upon arrival, he met with a student who said someone stole his bicycle from the bike rack outside Grant Towers South between Friday and Monday. Due to no leads, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 1:30 p.m., an officer responded to the OneCard Office in the Holmes Student Center regarding a report of deceptive practices. Upon arrival, he met with a person who said someone turned in a counterfeit bill. This case is administratively closed pending new leads.