Campus Blotter for 9/13/11

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

FRIDAY

• At 7:36 p.m., the theft of a wallet, an iPod and a cellphone was reported at the Huskie Stadium locker room. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 10:49 p.m., officers were dispatched to a reported domestic situation. Upon arrival, officers spoke with the victim, who reported battery. The victim also reported the offender had damaged her computer belonging. The offender left the scene before officers arrived. Follow-up will be conducted with the State’s Attorney Office to seek a warrant for the offender.

SATURDAY

• At 12:32 a.m., the theft of a lost or mislaid cell phone was reported. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 1:27 a.m., an officer on patrol observed a vehicle committing traffic infractions. Contact with Henry Vongkorad, 19, of Aurora, resulted in an arrest. Vongkorad was charged with zero tolerance for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. He was released on bail.
  • At 2:35 a.m., a student was found to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. The student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 4:35 a.m., officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for conducting an improper turn. The driver provided the officer with a false date of birth. When it was determined the driver had provided false information, Jose T. Arguelles-truj, 23 , of DeKalb was arrested and charged with obstructing identification. He was transported to the NIU Police Department, where he was booked and was released after posting bond.

SUNDAY

• At 12:05 a.m., officers on patrol observed an underage student holding an open can of beer on the sidewalk in front of 1300 Blackhawk Road. The student poured the beer out and was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 12:29 a.m., a student was ejected from the Campus Recreational Center for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. She was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 1:30 a.m., a student was ejected from the Campus Recreational Center for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. She was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 7:35 a.m., officers conducting a check of Lot W observed a vehicle with four occupants acting suspiciously. The officers contacted them and they revealed an odor consistent with cannabis. Further contact produced 17 baggies containing cannabis. Deonte D. Womack, 18, from Chicago was arrested and charged with delivery of cannabis 30 grams and under. All four were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 3 p.m., an officer responded to the fourth floor of Douglas Hall B Wing for a theft report. Upon arrival, he met with the complainant who said that someone stole her unattended cellphone from the fourth floor TV room. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 7:20 p.m., an officer took a report of a theft of a NIU OneCard. The complainant advised that someone has made unauthorized purchases on her NIU OneCard. This case is pending investigation.