Campus blotter for 9/29/11

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Saturday

• At 12:54 a.m. John H. Major Jr., 22, of Vernon Hills, was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis. On Tuesday, Major was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine.

Tuesday

• At 8:49 p.m., officers responded to the fifth floor of Lincoln Hall A Wing for a call involving cannabis. The officers interacted with the residents of the suspected room who produced cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The students were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 9:22 p.m., an officer responded to the NIU Police Department to take a theft report. Upon arrival, he met with a woman who said someone stole her wallet. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 10:35 p.m., officers responded to NIU Parking Lot E regarding a well-being check. They contacted the person of the well-being check revealed cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.