Campus blotter for 11/05/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Sept. 15

• About 1:40 p.m., an officer responded to Lot X for a report of criminal damage to property. Upon arrival, she met with a complainant who stated that someone damaged his car’s windshield. The damage occurred between 3:15 p.m. on Sept. 14 and 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 15. With no leads or further information, this case is administratively closed.

Sept. 30

• About 10:55 p.m., a student from Neptune West reported his NIU OneCard was stolen after he left the Campus Recreation Center. The card was also fraudulently used. After investigation, with no leads, this case is administratively closed.

Oct. 29

• About 12:04 p.m., officers responded to the Transportation Department regarding a hole cut into a fence. Due to the unknown date and time of the occurrence and no leads, this case is administratively closed.

Oct. 30

• About 12:47 a.m., an officer at Douglas Hall encountered an individual vomiting in a garbage can. After giving the officer false identification and revealing bottles of alcohol in his room, Christopher Monaco, 20, of North Riverside, was arrested for obstructing justice and illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
  • About 1 a.m., a female walking alone near Lot W and Eco Park was attacked from behind. She escaped and called NIU Police. This case is pending investigation.

About 1:25 a.m., an officer at Neptune West observed a male subject enter the lobby being supported by someone else. After speaking with the subject, the officer determined that the person was intoxicated. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.

• About 9:44 p.m., officers took a report of battery and criminal damage to property. This case is pending investigation.

Nov. 1

• About 7:47 p.m., a student reported that she left her wristlet in the Neptune North’s computer lab. Upon her return, it was gone. This case is pending investigation.
  • About 9:05 p.m., a resident of Neptune East reported that her ex-roommate had stolen some of her possessions from her room. This case is pending investigation.
  • About 1:34 p.m., a person reported an incident of credit card fraud. This is cleared for refusal to cooperate. The person also reported a theft of checks. This is administratively closed.
  • About 8:22 p.m., an officer took a report of a residential burglary. A student at Neptune West reported that a laptop was stolen from his room. This case is pending investigation.
  • About 11:10 p.m., a student at Lincoln Hall said her side of her residence had been “trashed” while she was gone. This case is pending investigation.

Nov. 2

• About 12:45 a.m., an officer on a traffic stop with a DeKalb police officer talked with a driver who said he had been robbed and was chasing the offender’s vehicle. After not being able to identify an offender, the driver requested a termination of investigation. This case is administratively closed.
  • About 2:04 a.m., an officer investigated a cannabis complaint in Lincoln Hall. The two occupants of the suspected room admitted to smoking marijuana and revealed a pipe-like smoking device. Both were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug equipment.
  • About 12:10 p.m., a resident of Grant Tower South reported that someone stole his cell phone from his shorts pocket while he took a shower. This case is pending investigation.
  • About 10:20 p.m., a residential burglary was reported at Neptune East. A resident stated someone stole his Playstation 3 from his room. This case is pending investigation.
  • About 11:03 p.m., an officer on routine patrol of Stevenson South noticed a domestic battery in progress. The officer separated the two parties involved and stopped the fight. Je Lisa Lott, 20, of Calumet Park, Ill. was taken to DeKalb County Jail and charged with domestic battery.

Nov. 3

• About 3:23 p.m., an officer took a report regarding threats against a complainant. Later, Kyle Hellem, 19, of Medinah, Ill. was arrested for harassment by telephone and stalking. This case is cleared through an adult arrest.