Campus blotter for 11/12/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Sept. 16

• At about 4:09 p.m., a student in class at Graham Hall noticed someone repeatedly staring at her bag. After leaving class, she noticed items missing that were contained in the bag and believes that particular person took them. Due to lack of leads and evidence, this case is administratively closed.

TUESDAY

• At about 4:27 p.m., an officer on routine patrol of Huskie Stadium noticed a subject drinking beer. When questioned, the subject admitted he was under 21. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
  • At about 4:35 p.m., an officer on routine patrol of Huskie Stadium noticed a subject drinking beer. When questioned, she admitted she was under 21. She was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.

WEDNESDAY

• At about 8:14 a.m., a report of burglary to a motor vehicle was received. A vehicle left in Lot PS was accidentally left unlocked since 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and had numerous items taken from it. This case is pending investigation.
  • At about 10:21 p.m., a report of criminal damage to property was received. A vehicle parked at Lowden Hall had several dents made to the front of the vehicle. With no leads or suspects, this case is administratively closed.