CAB to give away prizes to Phantom Planet’s top ‘phan’

By Laurel Marselle

Campus Activities Board’s Concerts Committee is giving away a chance to meet rock group Phantom Planet to promote the band’s upcoming performance at NIU.

The promotional giveaway, “Phantom Planet PHANatic,” will allow students the opportunity to win free prizes, including tickets, posters and the grand prize of meeting Phantom Planet in person by answering four trivia questions.

Question one is listed today, question two will be listed Friday and questions three and four will be listed Monday.

All answers to each of the four questions must be sent in one e-mail to [email protected] by 9 p.m. Monday.

Entries must include the contestant’s full name, address, phone number and the answers.

To determine a winner, entries with all of the correct answers will be drawn out of a hat. The first runner-up will win two free tickets to see Phantom Planet. The grand prize winner will receive three free tickets and the opportunity to meet Phantom Planet with two friends at the Holmes Student Center’s Duke Ellington Ballroom on April 16.

Winners will be notified by phone. “Phantom Planet PHANatic” is open to all students. Only one e-mail will be accepted per person.

“We did this type of contest last year for Andrew WK, and it went really well,” said Deep Rooprai, a CAB Concerts member. “We’re looking to give the fan the experience of meeting the band or somebody who wanted to go to the concert but didn’t get tickets right away.”

For more information, call 753-1580 or visit www.niu.edu/cab.