Siblings invited to campus

By Aquantonice Benison

The Residence Hall Association has invested more than $1,000 in prizes, toys and gifts for this years “Lil’ Sibs Weekend, ” which is dedicated to the siblings of NIU students living in the residence halls.

Siblings can check in at the residence halls between 5 and 8 p.m. Friday. There will be a “Super Happy Fun Sock Hop” from 8 to 11 p.m. Friday in the Neptune Dining Hall. Games and raffles will be available, with prizes including board games, lifeguard towels and Barbies.

Check-in also will be available from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday in all the residence halls.

RHA also will offer an all-day bowling discount at the Huskie Den on Friday and Saturday.

The RHA “Rockin’ with the Huskies” carnival will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in Central Park. Students and their siblings can win prizes, have their faces painted and sumo-wrestle each other with inflatable suits.

The rain location for the carnival will be at the Convocation Center.

From 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday, RHA will host an after-party for siblings 11 years and younger at Stevenson North’s New Orleans Room. Students can hang out with their siblings and have snacks, listen to music, play games and watch movies.

“Last year’s Lil’ Sibs Weekend was geared toward the younger siblings, so the older siblings didn’t have anything at their level to do,” said Denise Walker, RHA public relations officer.

This year, those who are 12 years and older can go to Casino Night at Stevenson South’s Fish Bowl Room. Participants will play for prizes instead of money.

Lil’ Sib Weekend will end with “Brunchin’ with the Huskies,” to be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday in the Douglas Dining Hall.

For more information, call Denise Walker at 752-1080 or visit http://rha.housing.niu.edu/RHA/Programming/index.shtml.