Groups may evaluate SA

By Nick Swedberg

Student organizations will have an opportunity to voice their likes and dislikes concerning the Student Association if a new piece of legislation makes its way through the senate.

The SA Senate approved the first reading of a resolution to create an annual survey called the Student Organizational Evaluation of the Student Association at Sunday’s meeting.

“It’s a feedback survey,” said Michael Potjeau, chair of the student organizations committee for the SA. He said he was approached by Latienda Williams, chair of the university services committee, who came up with the idea.

The survey will be given to each recognized organization and will ask what each group thinks of the SA’s operations, Potjeau said. Williams did not attend Sunday’s meeting and was not available for comment.

Potjeau said the survey would not be administratively binding but would give organizations a chance to comment.

The bill will come up for second reading and approval at next Sunday’s senate meeting.

At Sunday’s meeting, the senate also recognized two student organizations: Latino Law Students and Console Gaming Nights.

Sandra Polanco, treasurer for Latino Law Students, said her organization is dedicated to supporting Latino law students but is open to all students. Currently, the group has 20 members and has been on campus for 15 years.

Console Gaming Nights is a social organization that hosts video game console gaming nights where members gather and play video games, said Thomas Ramsey, president of the organization.

SA/CAB forum today

The Northern Star will host a forum for the Student Association and Campus Activities Board executive candidates. The forum will be held at 7 p.m. today at the Holmes Student Center, Room 305. Students will have an opportunity to ask candidates questions, and the Star editorial staff will have questions prepared. The forum is free and open to all. The SA/CAB elections are March 30 and 31.