Coffee with Carlsen to return Oct. 26

Lisa+Carlsen%2C+womens+basketball+Head+Coach%2C+speaks+about+the+team+at+Media+Day+Nov.+2%2C+2017.+

Northern Star File Photo

Lisa Carlsen, women’s basketball Head Coach, speaks about the team at Media Day Nov. 2, 2017.

By Carlos Finney Jr., Sports Reporter

DeKALB – Coffee with Carlsen will return on Oct. 26, where fans will be able to visit women’s basketball head coach Lisa Carlsen for coffee and lunch. 

Lisa Carlsen, who is entering her seventh year as head coach, will return for a series that features herself held at Faranda’s Banquet Center in DeKalb. The doors will open at 11:30 a.m. and the event starting at noon.

“I can’t wait to be back in front of our most loyal fans for lunch this year talking Huskie Basketball,” Carlsen said in a Thursday NIU athletics news release. “Our student-athletes and fellow women’s sports programs will be on full display at these events. Huskie fans won’t want to miss out!”

The event will include lunch, chalk talk, a meet and greet with guests, and a raffle to win exclusive prizes. The single-event price for the event is $15. It will also have a head coach from NIU’s sports programs in addition to coach Carlsen with the first two guests being women’s soccer head coach Julie Colhoff and volleyball head Coach Ray Gooden.

There will be five total events for the Coffee with Carlsen series on dates Oct. 26, Nov. 16, Dec 14, Jan. 11 and Feb 15. 

The Huskies host Benedictine for an exhibition game at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29 at the NIU Convocation Center. They will have their home and season opener against Illinois State at 6 p.m. pm Nov. 9.