This weekend in NIU Athletics: March 25

Mingda Wu

Freshman Christopher Knutson competes in match against the University of Omaha March 23 in DeKalb.

By Noah Silver, Sports Reporter

Baseball

The NIU baseball team will have a four game series this weekend in Evanston, Illinois, as they take on the Kent State Golden Flashes.

The Huskies’ game against the Purdue University Boilermakers on Tuesday was postponed, meaning the Huskies haven’t played in nearly a week.

NIU is 3-14 overall and 3-3 in conference play and will look to find some success in this weekend series.

Men’s Tennis

The men’s tennis team will take on the Western Michigan University Broncos on Saturday at 1 p.m. in their only match of the weekend. 

The Huskies lost to the University of Omaha 5-2 on Wednesday.

NIU is 8-6 overall and 2-2 in conference play. 

Softball

The Softball team will take on the University of Miami Ohio this weekend in a 3 game series.

The Huskies won two of their three games last weekend against Bowling Green State University.

NIU is 8-10 overall and 2-1 in conference play this season.

Women’s Tennis

The Women’s tennis team will have three matches this weekend against the University of Toledo on Friday at noon in Toledo, Ohio, and the University of Buffalo on Sunday at noon and Binghamton University at 5:30 p.m  in Buffalo, New York.

The Huskies are 12-6 overall and 0-1 in conference play. 

Track and Field

The NIU track and field team will compete in the Texas State Invitational Thursday through Saturday in San Marcos, Texas, along with the Texas Relays Thursday through Saturday in Austin, Texas.