This weekend in NIU Athletics: April 8

Wes Sanderson

Sophomore Luke VanDonslear (left) and freshman Christopher Knutson (left) celebrate during a No. 3 doubles tennis match against Binghamton University April 1 in DeKalb.

By Noah Silver, Sports Reporter

Baseball

The NIU baseball team will have a four-game series this weekend in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, as they take on Central Michigan University.

The Huskies went 2-2 against the University of Miami last weekend and had a slugfest against Purdue University 17-14 on Tuesday.

NIU is 6-21 overall and 6-8 in conference play and will look to find some success in this weekend series.

Men’s Tennis

The men’s tennis team will take on the University of Toledo on Friday in Toledo, Ohio and Ball State University on Sunday in Muncie, Indiana.

The Huskies had a solid weekend, defeating Binghamton University and Buffalo.

NIU is 10-7 overall and 4-3 in conference play. 

Softball

The softball team will travel to Central Michigan University for a three-game series this weekend.

The Huskies had a dismal week, dropping five games to the University of Akron and Ball State with one win on Wednesday.

NIU is 9-17 overall and 3-8 in conference play this season.

Women’s Tennis

The women’s tennis team will have two matches this weekend as they host Eastern Michigan University on Friday, before heading to Kalamazoo, Michigan, to take on Western Michigan University.

The Huskies dropped both of their matches last week against Miami and Ball State.

The Huskies are 13-10 overall and 0-5 in conference play. 

Track and Field

The NIU track and field team will travel to Urbana-Champaign, Illinois to compete in the Illini Classic on Friday and Saturday.