Sycamore Fire Department awarded federal grant for replacement of equipment


Getty Images

Sycamore Fire Department has been awarded a federal grant

SYCAMORE- The Department of Homeland Security’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant program awarded the Sycamore Fire Department a federal grant in the amount of $235,598.17 on Aug. 26. 

The grant will be used to replace the department’s four ambulance stretchers and to install stretcher loading systems in each of the department’s four advanced life support ambulances. 

The grant award covers around 95% of the total estimated cost to replace all four patient stretchers. The remaining 5% of the project’s cost is fully covered by the city. 

“We are extremely excited to receive this grant award which will be a huge help in reducing the risk of personnel injury during the movement of patients in and out of the ambulance,” said the Sycamore Fire Department. 

The risk of injury to our emergency medical care employees and the patient loaded onto the stretcher will be reduced due to the new powered stretchers and loading systems.