‘Much Ado About Nothing’ to be performed by NIU’s School of Theatre and Dance

Courtesy of NIU's College of Visual and Performing Arts

Performances of “Much Ado About Nothing” will be put on by the NIU School of Theatre and Dance.

By Alex Crowe, Assistant Sports Editor

DeKALB – The NIU School of Theatre and Dance continues its 2022-2023 performance season with its adaptation of William Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing,” directed by professional theatre director Kay Martinovich.

Performances will be held at the Sally Stevens Players Theatre, located on the second floor of the Stevens Building on NIU campus.

“Much Ado About Nothing” is a comedy that features live music. The play is set in London in 1759, and British Navy soldiers, fresh off victory, return home to the local brothel. The local bawd Leonata, played by senior acting major Samantha Bliss, hosts the soldiers that are itching to have some fun. The collision of characters leads to crazy shenanigans promising to be thrilling and full of laughs.

Junior acting major Abigail Lamoreaux, who plays Ursula and Balthasar, gave her castmates high praise.

NIU students have free admission to every production, and tickets are $7 for the public. To reserve your seats, visit the NIU College of Theatre and Performing Arts’ Box Office website.

Visit the NIU School of Theatre and Dance website for more information about current and upcoming productions.