Evans named to MCH’s all-league second team

Sean Reed

Senior Huskies forward Rodahn Evans swings around an ISU hockey player on the ice to gain possession of the puck from the Redbirds in the second period of the game at Canlan Sports on Nov. 19, 2022. (Sean Reed | Northern Star)

By Alex Crowe, Assistant Sports Editor

DeKALB – NIU hockey senior defenseman Rodahn Evans was named to Midwest College Hockey’s (MCH) all-league second team, the league announced Thursday. 

This is Evans’ second all-league honor in his three seasons with NIU, the first in the 2021-22 season as a forward. 

Evans tallied 15 goals this season for the Huskies – the most among defensemen in MCH. He also posted 15 assists to bring his point total to 30 in 33 games played this season. 

“It’s cool to get an honor from the conference,” Evans said. “(It’s) cool to be recognized by them.”

Evans is joined on MCH’s all-league second team by University of Jamestown freshman forward Jordan Baranesky, Illinois State University senior forward Trevor Hilt, Illinois State senior forward Mitchell Oberlag, Midland University junior Zach Eddington and Illinois State sophomore goaltender Brendan Donovan. 

Players selected to MCH’s all-league team were voted on by the coaches from all six teams in MCH. 

Evans and the Huskies recently finished their season, dropping their quarterfinal matchup with McKendree University on Feb. 24.