Record-holder Davis transfers to Seton Hall

Joseph Segreti

Kent State grad student forward Lindsey Thall (44) reaches toward NIU senior forward A’Jah Davis (25) for an incoming pass during the MAC Women’s Basketball Tournament on March 8 at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland. (Joseph Segreti | Northern Star)

By Zachary Bertram, Senior Sports Reporter

DeKALB – NIU senior forward A’Jah Davis announced Tuesday on her Instagram that she has committed to Seton Hall University. 

The DeKalb native spent the last four seasons at NIU, finishing with career averages of 12.7 PPG (points per game) and 9.5 RPG (rebounds per game). Davis appeared in 110 games in a Huskies uniform, making 84 starts.

Davis finished her NIU career as the Huskies’ all-time leader in offensive rebounds (377) and double-doubles (54). Her career high in points came on March 2, 2022 in a 30 point, 10 rebound effort against the University of Toledo. 

In the 2022-23 season, Davis averaged 16.2 PPG on 54.9% shooting. She also averaged a career-high 12.4 RPG. Davis’ scoring was good for sixth in the MAC, and her rebounding led the MAC. 

Davis led NIU to the MAC tournament and helped the Huskies record their most wins since the 2018-19 season. The Huskies finished the season with a 16-17 overall record and an 8-10 conference record.