Place earns MAC Golfer of the Week after 4th place finish

Graduate student Zach Place watches his shot during an NIU mens golf practice day. Place received MAC Golfer of the Week after his fourth place finish at the Purdue Fall Invitational. (Courtesy of NIU Athletics)
Courtesy NIU Athletics
Graduate student Zach Place watches his shot during an NIU men’s golf practice day. Place received MAC Golfer of the Week after his fourth place finish at the Purdue Fall Invitational. (Courtesy of NIU Athletics)

DeKALB After leading the charge at the Purdue Fall Invitational, graduate student Zach Place nabbed his career first MAC Golfer of the Week award. This marks NIU men’s golf’s second MAC Golfer of the Week award in a row and its third this fall. 

Finishing the tournament in fourth place, Place shot a six under par score of 207. The Huskies finished the tournament eighth out of 15 teams. 

Place opened the tournament shooting a 67 – his best of the tournament – earning him first place going into Round 2. Place left Round 2 with a score of 68, leaving him in second place. 

Place rounded out the tournament shooting a 72, sealing his fourth-place finish.

Place and the Huskies return to action at the Quail Valley Collegiate Invitational in an all-day event from Sunday 5 through Monday. The event is held at the Quail Valley Golf Club in Vero Beach, Florida. Live stats will be available on GolfStat