Ly nabs MAC Golfer of the Week

Courtesy of NIU Athletics
Then-junior Jasmine Ly shoots at the MAC Tournament from April 21 to April 23. Ly tied the NIU record for lowest round score at the Johnie Imes Invitational and earned MAC Golfer of the Week. (Courtesy of NIU Athletics)

DeKALB – Senior Jasmine Ly earned MAC Golfer of the Week after tying the NIU record for the lowest scored round in school history with a 67 at the Johnie Imes Invitational hosted by the University of Missouri. 

This is Ly’s first MAC Golfer of the Week honor of the 2023-2024 season, after earning the award twice during the 2022-2023 season.

Ly tied the school record in Round 2, helping her finish in a six-way tie for 14th place in the tournament. 

Ly shot a 72 in Round 1 and a 79 in Round 3, finishing the tournament shooting two over par, 218, through three rounds.

Ly recorded the best individual performance for NIU, being the only Huskie to place in the top-30 at the Johnie Imes Invitational.

The Huskies next tournament is the FIU Pat Bradley Invitational, a multi-day tournament that will take place Oct. 14 through Oct. 16 at Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club in Lakewood Ranch, Florida. Live stats will be available via Golfstat.