Over 1700 to graduate this December

By Amanda Martin

Ceremony locations, times determined

More than 1,700 undergraduate and graduate students will bid farewell to their alma mater on Dec. 18 when NIU will celebrate its 90th annual December Commencement ceremonies.

Ceremonies are scheduled to begin at 8:15 a.m. and continue throughout the day until 4 p.m.

Staging times and locations for individual colleges will be as follows: the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at 8:15 a.m. in the Music Building Recital Hall, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9:15 a.m. in the south end of the Chick Evans Fieldhouse, the College of Education at 10:15 a.m. in the Music Building Recital Hall, the College of Business at 11:15 a.m. in the Holmes Student Center’s Sandburg Auditorium, the College of Visual and Performing Arts at 12:45 p.m. in the Music Building Recital Hall, the College of Professional Studies at 1:15 p.m. in the student center’s Regency Room, and the Graduate School at 3:15 p.m. in the student center’s Regency Room and Sandburg Auditorium. Graduates are encouraged to be prompt for staging times.

Individual ceremonies are scheduled as follows: the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at 9 a.m. in the Music Building Concert Hall, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 10 a.m. in the fieldhouse, the College of Education at 11 a.m. in the Music Building Concert Hall, the College of Business at noon in the Duke Ellington Ballroom, the College of Visual and Performing Arts at 1:30 p.m. in the Music Building Concert Hall, the College of Professional Studies at 2 p.m. in the ballroom and the Graduate School at 4 p.m. in the ballroom.

Graduates will be able to pick up graduation robes and mortar boards in the student center’s Illinois Room on Dec. 16 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dec. 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on graduation day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. All graduation attire should be returned immediately following the ceremonies.

Questions regarding commencement can be directed to the office of evaluations at 753-1197 or the graduate’s major college.