Sluzas, Krammer earn All-MAC Second Team honors

Junior Felix Krammer lines up a shot at the Badger Invitational in October of 2023. Krammer, along with junior Ben Sluzas, was voted to the All-MAC Second Team for the 2023-24 season. (Northern Star File Photo)

After all nine coaches voted, the Mid-American Conference announced the All-MAC first and second team selections Friday. Two Huskies were awarded, with juniors Felix Krammer and Ben Sluzas each earning second team honors.  

This is Sluzas’ second year in a row earning a selection after earning first team honors last season. For Krammer, this is his first career All-MAC selection. 

The duo finished the 2023-24 season as NIU’s most productive golfers, leading the team in scoring average. Sluzas is first, averaging 72.121 strokes per round. Krammer is shortly behind, averaging 72.879. 

Sluzas keyed three top-10 placements this season, his best being a sixth-place finish at the Hawkeye Invitational. His best round score was at the VCU Shootout, scoring 66 in the third round.  

In his first season as a Huskie, Krammer logged four top-20 placements. His best placement was at the Badger Invitational, tying for fourth place. Krammer’s best round was a score of 67 in the third round of the Lake Las Vegas Invitational

The duo will remain at NIU in the fall, each entering their senior seasons.