SA Supreme Court to hear appeals from Lupstein, Donovan tickets Tuesday

(From left) Ben Donovan, Student Association presidential candidate on the Standing for Every Student ticket, listens as Nathan Lupstein,  SA presidential candidate on the Voice of Change ticket, speaks during the candidates night and debate March 19.

By Keith Hernandez

The Student Association Supreme Court will hear appeals from the Voice of Change and the Standing for Every Student executive election tickets Tuesday.

The appeals were filed with the Supreme Court on Wednesday and must be heard before the election can be considered complete and results made public, according to a Student Association news release. Both appeals call for the disqualification of the other ticket.

Chief Justice Brian Burkhardt declined to comment on the details of the two appeals.

The Supreme Court is “still discussing things,” Burkhardt said. “We’re still trying to make sure we have everything by the books.”

Nathan Lupstein, Voice of Change presidential candidate, said the Voice of Change’s petition includes an appeal to the Board of Elections’ decision to disqualify the Voice of Change ticket from the executive elections Thursday, but declined to comment further until the election is complete.