SA President Joe Frascello asks for patience until Supreme Court hears election appeals

Joe Frascello, newly inaugurated Student Association president, gives thanks to the SA Senate and discusses his plans to bring small electric buses to campus during the SA Inauguration May 2.

By Northern Star staff

Student Association President Joe Frascello asked for patience as the SA Supreme Court deliberates appeals in the 2015 executive election, according to an SA open letter Friday.

The SA Supreme Court will hear appeals from the Voice of Change and Standing for Every Student tickets Tuesday. Election results will continue to be impounded until the Supreme Court evaluates the appeals.

The Voice of Change ticket is disqualified from the election and is appealing the Supreme Court to overrule the Board of Elections’ decision. The Standing for Every Student ticket petitioned the Supreme Court to disqualify the Voice of Change ticket for allegedly violating the SA’s campaigning policies.

Frascello said he has confidence in the SA’s procedure for the handling of Supreme Court cases and hopes for a “peaceful, agreeable conclusion to this election,” according to the SA.