Creative logo ideas needed

By Colin Finnegan

Community members are being asked to put their creative skills to work to design a logo for Huskie’s Pizza, 850 Pappas Drive.

Huskie’s Pizza is under new management and is seeking to make changes.

One of the changes manager Roberto Elizondo would like to make is changing the restaurant’s logo.

“Be creative. It should be something catchy that incorporates both the husky and the pizza,” Elizondo said.

If some members of the community don’t want to try out designing the logo they are encouraged to vote for the best ones on Facebook.

Because of the opportunity to test out their design and marketing skills, students such as freshman business major Sydney Christensen are excited.

“It’s a great way to get students involved in a creative manner,” Christensen said.

Similarly, Keenan Petschke, freshman business management major, said the contest would be a good way to get the community involved.

“I can’t draw or anything, but it’s really cool how they are getting students’ input,” Petschke said.

Once a winner is chosen, he or she not only gets the work featured in the community but also wins $200.

People can submit more than one entry, but any logo with crude or ineligible images will not be allowed in the contest.

After the entries are gathered locals will be allowed to vote on the logo they think is best on the Huskie’s Pizza Facebook page starting April 1.