Police Crime Reports: Oct. 15 – 19

By Northern Star Staff

Oct. 15

• At 10:29 a.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft at Grant Towers North. This case is closed.

• At 2:24 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft at Huskie Stadium. This case is closed.

• At 3:07 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of credit card fraud. This case is open.

• At 4:27 p.m., officers went to Health Services for a report of criminal trespass. A person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for criminal trespass to state-supported land and disorderly conduct.

• At 11:29 p.m., officers responded to a disturbance in the 500 block of Normal Road. Lucas M. Lund, 25, of Sioux Falls, was arrested for mob action, assault, disorderly conduct and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. Justin L. Bauer, 32, of Centerville, was arrested for mob action, assault and disorderly conduct.

• At 12:05 p.m., a person reported to housing officials a fight at Neptune West. An officer determined the report to be unfounded.

Wednesday

• At 11:54 a.m., an officer went to Neptune West for a report of theft. This case is open.

• At 1:11 p.m., an officer went to Cole Hall for a report of criminal damage to property. This case is closed.

• At 7:28 p.m., an officer went to Grant Towers North for a report of pot. This case is closed.

• At 9:28 p.m., an officer went to Douglas Hall for a report of pot. A person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.

• At 11:53 p.m., an officer went to the Holmes Student Center for a report of theft. This case is open.

• At 11:49 a.m., a person reported to housing officials a theft at Neptune West. This case is open.

Thursday

• At 3:27 p.m. Aug. 31, an officer went to the Convocation Center for a report of theft. On Thursday, this case was closed.

• At 3:37 p.m. Wednesday, an officer went to Lot A for a report of criminal damage to property and theft. On Thursday, this case was closed.

• At 12:09 a.m., an officer went to Barsema Hall for a report of theft. This case is open.

• At 1:06 a.m., an officer encountered a group of people in Lot P. Two people were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia.

• At 10:14 a.m., an officer went to Douglas Hall for a report of theft. This case is open.

• At 9:50 p.m., an officer encountered a group of people who were under the influence of alcohol at Neptune West. The officer learned some of the people were younger than 21 and referred those people to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

• At 11:33 p.m., an officer went to Neptune East for a report of pot. Ebony K. Isaac, 18, of Chicago, was arrested for unlawful possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis with the intent to deliver.

Friday

• At 12:16 p.m. Oct. 7, an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft. On Friday, a person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for theft.

• At 5:36 p.m. Oct. 9, an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft. On Friday, this case was closed.

• At 10:16 a.m., an officer patrolling the New Hall community center met with a person who had an active arrest warrant to appear in court on a charge of theft. Daryen W. Barrett, 22, of Calumet City, was arrested.

• At 11:54 a.m., an officer went to New Hall Community Center for a report of theft. This case is open.

• At 1:23 p.m., an officer went ot Lot X for a report of theft from a motor vehicle. This case is closed.

• At 2:34 p.m., an officer patrolling Neptune East met with a person in regard to pot. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug paraphernalia.

• At 3 p.m., a student at DuSable Hall reported an incident of disorderly conduct to university officials. This case is open.

• At 6:27 p.m., an officer went to Northern View apartments for a report of pot. The officer met with the person in the room in question. The person was referred to the

Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 9:57 p.m., an officer went to Neptune east for a report of pot. This case is closed.

• At 10:34 p.m., an officer patrolling the 700 block of Regent Drive met with a person in regard to pot. The person was given a verbal warning for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Saturday

• At 11:06 p.m. Sept. 15, an officer went to Stevenson Towers North for a report of unlawful use of a credit card. On Saturday, Adebayo K. Ogunleye, 18, of Chicago, was arrested on a warrant for unlawful use of a credit card.

• At 12:59 a.m. Sept. 28, an officer went to Stevenson Towers North for a report of pot. On Saturday, this case was closed.

• At 10:25 p.m. Oct. 10, an officer patrolling the Holmes Student Center met with a person in regard to a report of theft. On Saturday, this case was closed.

• At 12:16 a.m., an officer patrolling the 700 block of Lucinda Avenue met with a person who was younger than 21 and intoxicated. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

• At 1:17 a.m, community advisers at Gilbert Hall met with people who were younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The incident was report to university officials.