Campus police reports: Oct. 9-10

By Northern Star Staff

Wednesday

• At 8:26 a.m., officers went to Stevenson Towers North for a report of a fight. The officers met with the people in question. Khadijah A. Holley, 18, of Chicago, was arrested for assault and battery. Holley was processed at the NIU Police Department and transported to the DeKalb County Jail.

• At 1:18 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of stalking. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The officer investigated and determined the report to be unfounded.

• At 5:36 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 9:35 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of disorderly conduct/filing a false police report. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 11:56 p.m., a person reported an incident of disorderly conduct at Douglas Hall to university officials. The case is open pending further investigation.

Thursday

• At 4:09 p.m. Wednesday, an officer went to the New Hall Community Center for a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. On Thursday, the case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

• At 1:40 a.m., an officer on patrol of Lot W met with three people in regard to pot. The three people were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.

• At 12:02 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of domestic battery. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 3:29 p.m., an officer went to Stevenson Towers complex for a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 3:37 p.m., an officer went to Neptune North for a report of pot. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 6:22 p.m., an officer went to Stevenson Towers North for a report of possession of drug paraphernalia. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The officer investigated and determined the report unfounded.

• At 10:10 p.m., an officer patrolling the Holmes Student Center met with a complainant for a report of theft. Later that day the complainant recovered his or her property. The case is closed, unfounded.

• At 10:25 p.m., an officer patrolling the Holmes Student Center met with a complainant for a report of theft. The officer took a report. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 11:31 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle at Lucinda Avenue and Garden Road. A person in the vehicle had an active arrest warrant for failure to appear in court on a charge of criminal trespass. John Gayden, 26, of South Holland, was arrested and processed at the NIU Police Department and transported to the DeKalb County Jail.

• A community adviser at Neptune North observed damage to property. The damage was reported to housing officials. The case is open pending further investigation.

• At 8:33 p.m., a community adviser at Stevenson Towers North met with people who were younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The incident was reported to housing officials and the case is open pending further investigation.