Campus crime report Oct 4 – 6

By Northern Star Staff

Friday

• At 10:26 a.m. March 29, an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft. On Thursday, an offender was identified in the case. On Friday, this case was referred to the United States Postal Inspector’s Office.

• At 2:42 a.m., an officer stopped a car at 1039 W. Hillcrest Ave. The officer detected an odor of pot in the car and searched the car, finding pot on a person. Christopher Lockhart, 24, of Chicago, was arrested for possession of cannabis.

• At 4:26 a.m., an officer went to 1067 Regent Drive for a report of criminal trespass. This case is open.

• At 7:10 a.m., an officer went to the Stevens Building for a report of criminal damage. This case is closed.

• At 11:05 a.m., an officer patrolling the 800 block of Fotis Drive met with a person who had an active arrest warrant for failure to appear in court on a charge of possession of cannabis. Tasia L. Bell-Smith, 25, of DeKalb, was arrested.

• At noon, a person reported an incident of hazing at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house, 917 Greenbrier Road, to university officials.

• At 9:11 p.m., an officer went to Stevenson Towers North for a report of pot. The officer met with a person in the room in question. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 10:20 p.m., an officer patrolling the 900 block of West Hillcrest Drive met with a person who was younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The person was referred to the Office of

Community Standards and Student Conduct.

• At 11:45 p.m., an officer patrolling the 1000 block of West Hillcrest Drive met with a person who was younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The person was also in possession of pot. Kevin C. Greiner, 20, of Carol Stream, was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor and possession of cannabis.

Saturday

• At 12:20 a.m., an officer patrolling the 900 block of Greenbrier Road met with a person who was younger than 21 and appeared to be in possession of alcohol. The officer determined the incident to be unfounded.

• At 11:19 a.m., an officer went to Douglas Hall for a report of theft. This case is closed.

• At 12:06 p.m., an officer patrolling outside the Evans Field House met with a person who was banned for university property. Floyd E. Wright, 42, of DeKalb, was arrested for criminal trespass.

• At 12:59 p.m., an officer went to Lot P for a report of criminal damage. This case is open.

• At 2:04 p.m., an officer went to Central Park for a report of pot. The officer met with the people in question and determined the report to be unfounded.

• At 6:26 p.m., an officer in the NIU Police Department took a report of theft. The complainant indicated his or her phone was lost and not stolen. This case is closed, unfounded.

• At 9:08 p.m., an officer went to New Hall West for a report of pot. This case is closed.

• At 9:52 p.m., an officer went to Central Park for a report of pot. The officer met with four people and gave them verbal warnings for possession of cannabis.

• At 10:52 p.m., an officer patrolling West Hillcrest Drive and Greenbrier Road met with a person who was younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

• At 11:24 p.m., an officer went to New Hall West for a report of pot. The officer met with the people in question, who were younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The people were given verbal warnings for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor. The report of pot was determined to be unfounded.

• At 11:51 p.m., an officer patrolling the 1000 block of Blackhawk Road met with a person who was younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol.

Sunday

• At 12:32 a.m., an officer patrolling the Convocation Center met with a person who was in possession of metal knuckles. Baaqir Davis, 18, of Richton Park, was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon.

• At 1:30 a.m., an officer went to New Hall West for a report of pot. This case is closed.

• At 3:21 p.m., an officer patrolling the Yordon Center met with a person who had an active arrest warrant for failure to appear in court for a traffic offense. Huskies football player Cameron A. Stingily, 22, of Romeoville, was arrested.

• At 6:35 p.m., an officer went to Northern View Apartments for a report of pot. The officer met with a person in the room in question.

Reginald J. Jackson, 18, of Chicago, was arrested for possession

of cannabis.