Campus Blotter for 10/19/11

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Thursday

• At 11:15 p.m., an officer responded to the fourth floor of Lincoln Hall D Wing regarding posession of cannabis. Upon arrival, he met with the suspected resident; a student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.
  • At 11:45 p.m., an officer responded to Grant North C Tower, eighth floor, regarding the suspected posession of liquor and other trouble. The officer contacted the suspected students. One student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug equipment.

Friday

• At 1:23 a.m., an officer in the Douglas Hall Lobby saw a student stumbling up the stairs. The officer contacted the student and referred them to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 2:22 a.m., an officer on patrol observed a traffic infraction. The officer contacted the driver and referred them to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 4:53 a.m., an officer responded to NIU Lot 7 to a report of criminal damage to a motor vehicle. Upon arrival, the officer met with a student who said his passenger side rear door had been broken between Thursday and Friday. The student also said nothing was missing from his vehicle. Due to lack of leads and evidence, this case is administratively closed.
  • At 1:40 p.m., an officer responded to the lobby of the NIU Police Department regarding a report of deceptive practices. Upon arrival, the officer met with a person who said someone used their social security number to open an account with TCF Bank. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 4:12 p.m., an officer responded to the lobby of the NIU Police Department regarding a theft report. Upon arrival, they met with a person who said they noticed that their wallet and other items were missing Oct. 9. They did not want to sign criminal complaints against the offender. This case is administratively closed.
  • At 9:10 p.m., an officer responded to the third floor of Grant North C Tower regarding the smell of burnt cannabis. The officer contacted the suspected resident of the room and referred him to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis.