Phi Rho Eta to host annual carnival

By Candice Beasley

The Zeta Chapter of Phi Rho Eta Fraternity Inc. will host its annual carnival event Thursday.

This is the second year the fraternity has hosted a carnival, and Terrance Hopson, president of Phi Rho Eta Fraternity Inc., said they plan on making it a long-term event with Windy City Amusement.

“We came up with an innovative idea to do something big for the campus and community,” Hopson said.

Hopson said the fraternity came up with the idea last year in hopes of it being a method of relaxation for students before finals and bring the community together.

The event turned out to be successful and promising for the future, Hopson said. He said the fraternity wanted this event to be a memorable activity for the campus and community to enjoy.

Hopson said he felt it would be a good idea for all organizations to participate in giving the campus a week of activities to end the year along with the carnival.

“We love collaborating with different [organizations],” Hopson said. “If we could, we would work with everybody.”

The carnival will run until Sunday at Lot O located directly behind Grant North.

The cost will be $15 for unlimited rides, and food will also be available for purchase, Hopson said. Members of the fraternity will also be giving away discount cards for anyone who would like to attend the carnival.

The proceeds will go to their National Mentor Teacher Brother and NIU scholarships, Hopson said.