Campus blotter for 11/02/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from area police and fire department records, or from the DeKalb County court records. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.

Oct. 8

• At about 2:01 a.m., a subject was found to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. Maritza Dorado, 19, of Carpentersville was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct and later arrested for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.

Oct. 23

• At about 7:23 a.m., an officer observed two individuals in a vehicle arguing at McDonalds, 805 W. Lincoln Highway. The officer approached the vehicle to speak with the subjects. One of the individuals in the vehicle subsequently assaulted the officer then attempted to leave the scene. Tyrell R. Mitchell, 40, of DeKalb was placed under arrest and charged with aggravated assault and resisting a peace officer. Mitchell was booked and transported to the DeKalb County Jail.
  • At about 12:40 p.m., a female subject at Huskie Stadium was observed with a glass containing a beverage she later admitted was alcohol. She was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
  • At about 1 p.m., a subject was found to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. Jason Podlasek, 20, of Westmont was placed under arrest. Podlasek was booked and later released after posting bond.
  • At about 2:10 p.m., a subject was found to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. Brittany Cegielski, 19, of Streamwood then provided officers with a false name. Cegielski was placed under arrest. Cegielski was booked and later released after placing bond.

Oct. 24

• At about 12:03 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Swen Parson Hall on a report of criminal damage to property. The officer observed and documented a broken window screen on the south end of Swen Parson Hall. With no leads at this time, this case is administratively closed.
  • At about 12:30 a.m., officers were alerted to tissue paper thrown out of a window at Stevenson North. Following that, a can of beer and cup were also thrown out the window. After interviewing the offenders, officers gave the students involved a referral to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for disorderly conduct and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. The non-students received a verbal warning for the same offenses.
  • At about 4:00 a.m., an officer at Lincoln Hall was informed of two intoxicated individuals in the lobby. One needed assistance and the other confirmed they both had been drinking vodka. Both received a referral to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
  • At about 7:32 p.m., a female resident and her roommate invited three new acquaintances to their room. After they left, one of the students noticed that her iPod was missing. This case is pending investigation.

Oct. 25

• At about 11:24 p.m., a student at Lincoln Hall reported the theft of her cell phone. This case is pending investigation.

Oct. 26

• At about 10:36 p.m., an officer on patrol came across a student who walked out of his room carrying a smoking device, then walked back in after seeing the officer. After having a conversation with the student, who also revealed a small amount of cannabis, the officer gave him a verbal warning for unlawful possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia.