Campus blotter for 10/25/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Oct. 9

Officers responded to the report of a disorderly subject at Domino’s Pizza, 901 Lucinda Ave. Daniel Decoster Jr., 19, of Crystal Lake, Ill. reportedly battered another person and resisted officers. This case is closed by adult arrest.

Oct. 14

At about 11:29 p.m., officers on routine foot patrol saw a male on the sidewalk drinking from a plastic cup. When asked if the cup contained alcohol, the male replied yes. He was found to be under 21 years of age. The male was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.

Oct. 15

At about 12:24 a.m., officers on routine foot patrol observed a car traveling north on Russell Road with no headlights. Officers pulled the vehicle over, observing six occupants in a vehicle designed to carry five. Officers conducted field sobriety tests. All occupants were found to be under the age of 21. All were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption.

Oct. 16

At 1:54 p.m., an officer on routine foot patrol observed an individual that appeared to be under the age of 21 drinking from an aluminum beer can. The individual provided the officer with a false date of birth. Upon checking further, the officer found the individual was under 21 years of age. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for consumption/possession of alcohol by a minor, as well as misrepresenting their age.

Oct. 18

At about 11:55 a.m., officers responded to a call in reference to the odor of burnt cannabis from a room at Lincoln Hall. After allowed voluntary entry to the room, officers questioned the occupants who revealed cannabis residue. A consent search revealed no further contraband. All three parties involved received referrals to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis 30 GM and under.

Tuesday

At about noon, officers were dispatched to meet with a person that wanted to report her cell phone was taken while making a transaction at TCF Bank. She placed her cell phone on the counter. When she discovered she had mistakenly left her phone, she returned to the area where she left her phone, but it was no longer there. This case is administratively closed due to lack of any further leads.

An officer was called to Faraday East in reference to a violation of an order of protection. This case is pending investigation.

At about 5:19 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the NIU Department of Public Safety to take a report for a theft of a debit card. This case is pending investigation.