Campus blotter for 10/27/10

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Oct. 15

At about 2:37 a.m., an officer on patrol near Greenbrier Road observed a male subject walking with a group of people and holding a bottle of liquor, which he threw into the bushes after spotting the officer. The subject admitted to underage drinking and received a verbal warning for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor. This case is administratively closed.

At about 6:57 p.m., a person reported receiving unwanted and profane text messages after mistakenly texting the wrong number. This case is administratively closed.

WEDNESDAY

At about 10:05 a.m., a student at Grant North reported the theft of an iPod and a TCF debit card that was fraudulently used. No complaint was filed. This case is administratively closed.

At about 11:24 a.m., a theft of a wallet was reported at Grant North. This case is pending investigation.

At about 6:43 p.m., a person reported someone had taken his bag containing a wallet and miscellaneous items that he had left at the Holmes Student Center cafeteria. This case is pending investigation.

At about 7:28 p.m., a student reported the theft of a bicycle he had left unsecured in a bike rack at Faraday Hall. This case is pending investigation.

At about 9:14 p.m., a fight was reported when a pair of roommates became embroiled in an argument about cleaning the bathroom. It became physical and one person was kicked. All parties involved declined to sign a complaint and this case is cleared for refusal to cooperate.

THURSDAY

At about 1:49 p.m., an officer on patrol of the east tailgate area noticed a female sitting on the back of a pickup truck and holding a can of beer. She attempted to hide it after spotting the officer. After determining she was intoxicated, the officer gave her a referral to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.

At about 1:44 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Grant Towers South on a reported theft of a laptop. The owner left it unsecured in her room while using the rest room. It was gone when she returned. This case is pending investigation.

At about 2:04 a.m., officers took a report of a stolen cell phone from a resident at Douglas Hall. This case is pending investigation.