Student Showcase: Andre Findley of Hip-Hop Congress

By PATRICK BATTLE

Name:

Andre Findley

Year:

Sophomore

Major:

Studio Art with emphasis on Illustration

Home:

Chicago

Nicknames:

Farmhand, Dre, The Man

Favorite Movie:

“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” starring Jim Carrey. It speaks to my soul because it’s about a bogus man with terrible aspirations who unwillingly gains a heart.

Favorite Television Series:

“Baccano” – It’s an anime series that hasn’t been released in America yet. It’s several intertwining stories that take place on a train. I usually like stuff that’s unprecedented in style.

Favorite Music Artist:

Eminem because his word compilation used to be unrivaled, especially around early 2000-01.

Dream Occupation:

Graphic novelist, because it’s a type of publicized art where you can draw out-of-this-world subject matter. You get to draw creative action sequences and superheroes.

Hobbies: Working out

On-Campus Activites: I’m a member of Hip-Hop Congress, which is an organization created to bring people together through hip-hop. I’m also a rarely attending member of the Anime Association.

What’s Up With The Facial Hair?

Every since I saw “Rocky IV,” I thought it was the best “Rocky” ever. When he went to train, he seemed to have a lot to fight for and he was totally in the zone. My mustache is a tribute to that level of dedication.

What else is on your mind?

People on this campus should try to be more social with one another. Despite me being encouraged to attend a historically black university, I chose to attend Northern Illinois University because of its diversity. But since being here, I see that different groups of people seem to only socialize amongst themselves.