Undecided? Take Decisions 101

By Sean Thomas

Undecided students and those who are just questioning their major can get some guidance Wednesday at a program called Decisions 101.

Decisions 101 is an event that aims to provide students with an opportunity to explore various majors and find out what careers correlate with those majors.

Advisers from many of the universities’ colleges, as well as Joyce Keller, a career counselor from the Student Counseling and Development Center, will be on hand to aid students with information about how they can best plan and attain their career goals.

Jenny Martinez, a Grant A-tower learning assistant, said the program will be especially helpful to first-year students, undecided majors, students unsatisfied with their majors and those questioning which major would be best in fulfilling their career goals.

Martinez said the program is being held because, “We saw a need for students to get in contact with academic advisers, because the university does not hold a majors expo anymore. Students were once able to meet with people from all the different colleges and talk one-on-one with academic advisers all at once, kind of like an internship fair.”

Decisions 101 is being sponsored by the Grant Towers learning assistants and will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Grant D-tower’s lower lounge.