Meet Andrew WK

By Jeff Goluszka

Those excited for the Andrew WK concert Friday now have a better way to spend their time after the show.

Campus Activities Board is giving away a chance to meet the heavy metal artist after Friday’s concert.

The winner of the grand prize will receive two free tickets and a post-show meeting with four friends and Andrew WK. First prize is two free tickets to the show.

“We were trying to do something different than what we’ve done in the past,” CAB Concerts Coordinator John Ugolini said. “Andrew was all about it, he was really supportive of the idea.”

The one-day contest, called “Andrew WKlues,” involves three trivia questions, according to a press release.

The first: What instrument is Andrew WK classically trained in?

The second: What college did Andrew WK visit in MTV’s “Crashing With Andrew WK?”

The third: How many times is the word “party” used on Andrew WK’s album “I Get Wet?”

“We were looking for questions that you couldn’t just look up on the Internet,” said Ugolini. “Anybody that’s willing to go through answering all the questions, they deserve the tickets.”

Participants must e-mail their answers to [email protected] before 9 p.m. today. Those who answer all questions correctly will be entered into a drawing for one of the two prize packages.

All entries must include the participant’s full name, address and phone number. All winners will be notified by phone and all prizes can be claimed tonight at the CAB office at the Campus Life Building, Suite 160.

The contest is open to all students, but only one e-mail will be accepted per person.

“He wows the fans and he wins over fans at every show,” Ugolini said. “He puts on a show that people never forget. I think it’s pretty cool to give a fan the potential to actually meet him.”

Andrew WK will perform at 7 p.m. Friday at the Holmes Student Center’s Duke Ellington Ballroom. Ticket prices are $10 for NIU students with valid ID and $13 for the general public. Tickets are available at the HSC Ticket Office, which is open from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. weekdays. Tickets can be charged by phone at 753-3146.

For information, call CAB at 753-1580 or visit www.niu.edu/cab.