Get help to help others

By Stephanie Gandsey

Students interested in pursuing employment with health care programs can get more information at the Health Care Job Fair today.

The fair takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Holmes Student Center’s Regency Room.

“Those interested in internships and full-time jobs should come to the fair,” said Ron Short, director of the Career Planning and Placement Center. “Mayo Clinic and other very recognized health care companies in the area will be at the fair.”

Students can view profiles of the 26 employers that will be at the fair at the CPPC’s Web site, www.niu.edu/cppc.

Ellen Anderson, assistant director for CPPC, said anyone interested in working in the health care field should come to the fair.

“Anyone interested in working with people in some type of helping capacity should check out the fair,” Anderson said. “It’s a good chance to connect with employers.”

Anderson suggests checking out the Web site before going to the fair to have an idea who is going to be there.

Students should dress appropriately and bring several resumes to pass out, including one that will be used instead of filling out a registration form.

It is suggested that those interested in talking to employers get to the fair early and bring unofficial copies of transcripts.

For information, call the CPPC at 753-1641.