Financial aid assistance offered for ‘College Changes Everything’ month

Getty Images

Throughout the month of October, ISAC will be offering assistance with both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid

The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) is offering assistance with college applications and financial aid to students and schools during College Changes Everything Month in Illinois.

Throughout the month of October, ISAC will be offering assistance with both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid by hosting free financial aid and college application workshops where Illinois students and families can complete applications and financial aid forms with the help of college and financial aid experts. They will also be offering one-on-one assistance through phone, text, and their online chat service.

FAFSA has opened for the 2023-2024 school year and offers scholarships and grants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students should complete their FAFSA or Alternative Application as soon as possible to ensure that they get financial aid.

If unsure about which application must be filled out, students may contact the financial aid office of any college they are applying to or an ISACorps member for any assistance with the process.