Latino Resource Center to host NIU College of Law’s Latinx Law Day

NIU+students+will+be+given+the+opportunity+to+learn+more+about+the+College+of+Law+program+and+hear+from+practicing+attorneys+and+a+judge.+

NIU College of Law

NIU students will be given the opportunity to learn more about the College of Law program and hear from practicing attorneys and a judge.

By Evan Mellon, News Reporter

Latinx Law Day will be held on Nov. 1 at the Latino Resource Center hosted by Northern Illinois University College of Law and the Latinx Law Student Association, giving Latinx students the opportunity to become acquainted with the college’s programs and resources.

The event will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and will feature a 30-minute panel where Latinx practicing attorneys who are alumni from the NIU College of Law will give a discussion on their experiences and opportunities. The participating panelists include Attorney Omar Salguero and Circuit Judge of Kane County Judge Bianca Camargo in addition to Attorney and Deputy Faviola Ramirez.

The College of Law’s staff will be available to talk with students to answer any questions that attendees may have regarding their program. Resources for completing the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) will also be available during Latinx Law Day.

According to the event page, “The staff will be able to provide insightful information on LSAT dates, the application process, and various programs NIU College of Law offers such as accelerated and dual degree programs.”

Dinner and refreshments will also be provided during the event.

Students interested in attending the event can register beforehand.