Prepare for demonic horror, Marvel show next week

Actor Tom Hiddleston speaks on the Comic Con stage in San Diego in 2019 as part of the Marvel Studios panel. Hiddleston’s show “Loki” has a new season premiering on Oct. 5 on Disney+. (Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

An unlikely hero’s journey, a musician’s documentary and more are on the docket for next week.

“The Exorcist: Believer”

Calling all horror fans – the sequel to “The Exorcist,” which came out in 1973, releases in theaters Oct. 6 after 50 years. 

“The Exorcist: Believer” follows the story of two friends who go missing in the woods one day after school, and they return a few days later with a garbled memory. It doesn’t take long for their parents to realize that something happened to their daughters in the woods, and soon the girls start acting less human. 

The trailer portrays a glimpse of a new, haunting story that will let viewers into a world of evil. It’s safe to assume that the movie will have many, many jumpscares and will reference the original film. 

“Loki”

Loki (Tom Hiddleston) is one of Marvel’s long-time characters, being first introduced in 2011’s  “Thor.” After getting a show of his in 2021, Marvel renewed “Loki” for season two, and the first episode of the second season premieres on Disney+ Oct. 5. Season two is set to take place right after the chaotic ending of season one, where the multiverse is in shambles and Loki is in danger. Loki and Mobius (Owen Wilson) take on a mission that extends throughout the multiverse as they begin the search for ‘saviors’ who could repair the damage that was done. It’s arguable to say that the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has been slowly coming out of its slump, so giving season two of “Loki” a chance can’t hurt. 

“All of Those Voices”

Louis Tomlinson is best known for being a part of the English boy band One Direction. Since the band’s split in 2016, each artist has continued their passion for singing and have started a solo career. Naturally, it was Tomlinson’s time to have his own documentary which details his life as a singer and ex-member of One Direction. The film is called “All of Those Voices” and was originally released in theaters back in March but will now premiere on Paramount+ Oct. 4 in the U.S. and Canada. Artist documentaries are interesting because they give the public a behind-the-scenes look at what their life is like which is incredibly different from a normal individual. “All of Those Voices” will also give viewers a look into Tomlinson’s world tour and how those come to exist for successful artists like himself.