Blotter 1/24-1/26

By Northern Star Staff

View Campus Blotter 1/24-1/26 in a larger map

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Thursday

At 3:47 a.m., an officer on patrol of Neptune Hall West made contact with individuals in regard to alcohol. The individuals were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 4:54 p.m., an officer responded to the NIU Police Department in regard to a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case is open and pending further investigation.

At 11:29 p.m., an officer on patrol in Neptune Hall East made contact with an individual in regard to cannabis. Contact resulted in the individual being referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

Friday

On Jan. 17 at 12:30 p.m., an officer met with an individual who wanted to file a report of criminal damage to state-supported property. The officer took a report and opened an investigation. The case is pending investigation.

On Tuesday at 5:13 p.m., an officer responded to the NIU Police Department in regard to a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. The case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 2:59 a.m., an officer on patrol near the 500 block of North Annie Glidden Road noticed two males arguing. After making contact with the individuals, one of them was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 6:53 p.m., an officer on patrol noticed a male pushing a vehicle eastbound through the intersection of Ridge Drive and Normal Road. After making contact with the person, the officer found out that he had an active warrant out of Kane County for possession of cannabis under 2.5 grams. After the warrant was verified, Maurice L Brown, 24, was arrested, processed at the NIU Police Department and transported to the DeKalb County Correctional Facility.

At 11:15 p.m., an officer responded to the eighth floor of Stevenson North D Tower in regard to a male with a hand laceration from punching a window. Upon arrival, the officer noticed a cut on the male’s fingers; the cut was not bleeding. After being assessed medically, the person was given a ride from a friend to Kishwaukee Community Hospital for further medical treatment. This case is pending further investigation.

Saturday

On Oct. 16 at 4:39 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the Holmes Student Center in regard to a report of theft. The officer met with the complainant and a report was taken. On Saturday, the case was administratively closed due to a lack of leads.

At 1:17 a.m., an officer responded to a fight call outside Neptune Hall North. Upon arrival, there was no one there. After checking the area, the officer found a person who appeared to have been in a fight and showed signs of alcohol consumption. The person admitted being in a fight and to consuming an alcoholic beverage. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 1:29 a.m., an officer was dispatched for medical assistance in the lounge area of the fourth floor of Neptune East in regard to an intoxicated individual. Upon arrival, the officer found the person, who was still combative when officers attempted to assess his medical situation. The case is pending further investigation.

At 1:34 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the lobby of Stevenson Towers North in regard to an intoxicated female. Upon arrival, he verified that the person was intoxicated and under 21. The officer gave her a verbal warning for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. That person’s roommate agreed to take care of her for the night.

Thursday

Friday

Saturday